Sunday, February 1, 2009

iCiNG Transformation Challenge!



What is the iCiNG Transformation Challenge? Well, it's a chance to transform yourself! A better explanation comes from the mouth of the unicorn herself:
For those of you who weren’t here for it last year, the iCiNG Transformation Challenge is an opportunity to achieve something you’ve wanted to do for a while but as yet, haven’t quite managed to hit out of the park."


Gala Darling did this last year, and she's doing it again and I've decided to jump on the bandwagon. For this year's iTC I have decided upon just three goals:


  1. Write something every day. Doesn't matter what. It could be a beautifully worded grocery list or a short story or a poem. So long as I do it with intent and to the best of my ability, it counts. I am hoping that this will cause me to grow artistically and creatively.
  2. Along the same vein, I will take at least one photograph each day. It can be an image that sums up the experience of my day, or a picture of one special moment. It can even just be an outfit shot or a hastily taken, 'Oooh, look! My cat is cute!' photo. I just have to take one.
  3. I will start playing my violin again. That doesn't necessarily mean practicing everyday, though. My goal is to play several times a week, and to be conscious in my efforts of improving my technique and style while doing it. As long as I am present during my practice, I will get more out of it than if I were just playing every day for the sake of playing. My hope is that as I get back into the groove, it will once again become impossible for me to put it down!


What about you guys? Are you up for the challenge?

1 comment:

  1. i also have told myself for the new year i will write and post photos of each day. i feel it will help me appreciate each day more.

    good luck!

    xo

    ReplyDelete