Sunday, January 11, 2009

5 Musical Artists I'd like to have dinner with


Image from rlcasey



Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) | Mika    [download]
"I said, 'Hey girls you are beautiful'"
Listening to the lyrics of his songs, he seems to possess this magnificent ability to speak and connect with many different types of people, and I wish that I could foster a similar talent within myself.



Funeral March | Frederick Chopin    [download]
I have always been enamored with Chopin. In my mind, he cuts quite the romantic figure. From his elegant talent to his romance with George Sand, I have always been captivated by this man. I think it would be absolutely spectacular to hear his view of the world, and to see what he thinks of his legacy and that of his contemporaries.



In the Ghetto | Elvis Presley    [download]
"People, dont you understand? The child needs a helping hand, or hell grow to be an angry young man some day. Take a look at you and me, are we too blind to see? Do we simply turn our heads and look the other way?"
It's no secret that I love Elvis. I must say though, in the spirit of radical honesty, that I would only want to have dinner with him so I could hear his beautiful voice.



Cool Yule | Bette Midler    [download]
"From Coney Island to The Sunset Strip, somebody's gonna make a happy trip tonight, while the moon is bright."
The Divine Miss M seems so positive and powerful--positively powerful and powerfully positive! Supposedly she is very witty and an absolutely grand conversationalist. I would love to dig in deep with her and really pick her brain. We could discuss politics and current events (who am I kidding--they're one and the same!) and she could enlighten me with her views and I would stun her with mind. My goal for the evening would be to deliver a downright witty utterance that stuns her and leaves her at a complete loss for words in the best way possible. Over dessert, she could entertain me with stories of her days when she was singing at bath houses.



Miss Vicious | Fefe Dobson    [download]
"We're the same--two in one. Gonna get you; gonna make you run. Don't dare scream, you're all I am. I was born to be your only friend"
Fefe Dobson is remarkable. She has a killer sense of style, and I love her music. Over dinner I would convince her to release Sunday Love publicly and to have a concert here in Houston.





The whole shebang: [download]

No comments:

Post a Comment